Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Extend old worn in-wall wiring

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 10:41:12 PM UTC-4, Seymore4Head wrote:
On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 23:32:05 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Are there special kits and procedures when the wires for a switch have broken
too often at the tips? I fixe dtwo switched two years ago like that and
although the need isn't urgent, I could seeit arising in a few months

http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/s...pade%20Lug.jpg

I am not exactly sure I understand your question, but if I understand
correctly the wire broke off near the terminal screw at a switch.

If that is true, the weakness could be caused by someone using
strippers incorrectly. If they used the wrong size hole in wire
stripers this can cause a weakness.

And if that's the problem, then you can just strip more of
the insulation off the end. If the wire is too short to
have enough to properly reach the switch, then add another
6" piece and use a wire nut to secure it to the existing wire.