Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?

On 9/3/2015 5:36 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 15:35:06 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

It depends on the functionality that you want to provide. E.g., if
you wanted your pool/solar controller to assume a higher degree of
utilization on *holidays* than on WORKdays, you'd be hard-pressed to
do this with discrete logic.

This all came about from work I did with a few IBM engineers way back
in the Jimmy Carter solar age. Guys were designing very complicated
controllers and in the end it was decided that this was a very simple
thing. You really only needed a photo cell to get about 90% efficiency
and a couple of temperature sensors (in and out) really bumped that
up.

In the case of the pool and my solars I just use a timer and assume
that in the winter in Florida the sun will be shining all day. I have
a garden variety Honeywell thermostat to decide when it gets too cool
to keep running them in the evening.

And how do you tell if its winter and if you're in florida? :