Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?

On 9/3/2015 7:40 PM, wrote:
I recently got a smart TV then got a message from my provider (DIRECTV) that
I need to connect to the internet. The second "box" is a wireless connection
kit for $99. However, since I have been a customer beyond the contract
period I can upgrade to a new receiver at no cost--if I sign on for another
two year contract. Since I don't care about Netflix and the other features,
I'm electing to skip the "smart" features for now.

How did DIRECTV know that you had a new TV? Or, is this just a coincidence?