Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?

On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 9:08:18 AM UTC-5, Ewald Böhm wrote:
On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 04:47:02 -0700, taxed and spent wrote:

so you can connect to the internet and watch Youtube, netflix, etc.

Maybe I don't understand. Actually, I don't understand.

To watch youtube, you need a browser, which is usually a program compiled
for a certain computer, which runs a certain operating system, and which
has a certain byte order and memory structure and a whole bunch of other
things associated with a "computer".

Is the TV acting as a "computer"?
If so, what operating system is the TV?

What browser does it use?
What architecture is that TV browser compiled for?

Yes, the "Smart" TV is a computer...Samsung is Tizen OS (not sure about Vizio).