Posted to uk.d-i-y
larkim larkim is offline

Default Stripped gears on Bosch hedgetrimmer

On Thursday, 3 September 2015 03:36:54 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 02/09/2015 15:36, newshound wrote:
On 02/09/2015 08:22, harry wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 08:08:00 UTC+1, larkim wrote:
The wife's set of hedge trimmers have had the gears stripped through
repeated jamming on branches which are too thick for the trimmer.

Here's a pic.

What's the likelihood of a DIY repair?

Virtually nil I should say.
Even if parts are available, they'll cost an arm and a leg.

Punish them by never buying that make again.

Not my experience with gears on a Bosch green circular saw. Parts
readily available on the web (some time ago so no link) and prices not
too bad.

Not like harry to talk out the back of his head is it? ;-)

The only caution I would add with cheaper tools like domestic hedge
trimmers, is that they can often be bought second hand on ebay for less
than the cost of some of the spares.

--
Cheers,

John.

True enough. But who's to say the previous owner hasn't been as poor with
their use as my wife has, so that could be a false economy!