Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reusing computer A/C cords?

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 2:04:39 PM UTC-5, Retired wrote:
On 9/2/15 2:25 PM, KenK wrote:
I have a big bunch of computer type power cords but very few A/C extension
cords. Any easy cheap way to convert a few? All I can think of is to cut
off the female plug and put on a standard three-wire A.C female plug. Am I
overlooking an easier cheaper way?

TIA

Not sure if cheaper, but easier way is use an adapters to convert the
IEC plug to a std 3 prong female socket (NEMA5-15R)

see
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...29&ignorebbr=1

or

http://www.amazon.com/SF-Cable-prong.../dp/B004OC579E

Better price from this online seller. The price is cheaper than a good cord end that he could put on his cords. ^_^

http://www.pimfg.com/Product-Detail/CORD-3

[8~{} Uncle Cord Monster