Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is this idea crazy?

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 07:19:05 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 8/30/2015 3:59 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 15:03:07 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 8/30/2015 3:23 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
I need brass as well. No idea where the ammo I shot came from...but
over half the cases split in the body of the cartridge. Brass had
started to decay badly and they werent loaded very warm. I recall
buying a couple hundred rounds years ago at a gun show..I think this
was the ammo. All my good stuff is in 100 packs that I reloaded 2 yrs
ago. I should have brought one of those...shrug.
41 Mag is not very common these days....

Chuckle..all the 40s and the 9s and the 45s...no one out there had
ever seen a .41 except the rangemaster and he carries a cutdown Mod
29...we chatted like lost brothers with the kiddies ooohing and awing
over our revolvers...laugh!

Gunner

I bought 500 all new Starline brass for my .41. I did a Wolfe spring
kit and it's exactly like my 29. I have yet to really explore the 57.
I'm looking for a 28 6" Nickle preferred, for $500.

You want a 28-2 or a 28-3?

I run across them occasionally for about $400 or so. Since the sprint
towards self loaders...many revolvers are getting left up in the
closet.
Id go with a 28-2 (pinned and recessed) but only because I like those
features.

Ill see what I can find.

Gunner, who was at the time of reading this...cleaning his 38-44
Outdoorsman.

Cool! I like those features too, shows craftsmanship. I like those
N-frames. What's the best way to handle it, I have an FFL guy here, I
can fund you however you want.

Ill find one, give you the name of the seller, have him deal with your
FFL.

Gunner