Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default 415V sticker in household meter box

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 17:34:40 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 17:20:24 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news year electrical apprentice.

My house has a fuse box, no breakers of any kind. What would you do
if
asked you to install a shower?

I would do the job to the IET regs as per my quote for the job.

Be more specific. Would you fit a breaker of any kind? What if I
told
you not to bother?

I would do the job to the IET regs, that would probably mean RCD
peotection.

If you told me not to bother then I would not bother to turn up and do
the
job as I am not a DIYer electrician so I have to follow some rules.

Tough, you lost a customer then. Do as the customer asks or bugger off.

Now the people most likely to tell you that (when it comes to cutting
corners) are pikeys and Pakistanis.

You would be surprised how often I bugger off with a smile on my face as
turn down their offer of illegal/dangerous work.

Your loss of money.

It would be if I lost the NICIEC membership of the firm.

--
Adam