Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default 415V sticker in household meter box

"charles" wrote in message
In article , ARW
wrote:
"charles" wrote in message
In article , ARW
wrote:
"NY" wrote in message
news "Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news Have a look at an electrical installation certificate.

Haven't got one, you tell me, you're the electrician. There is
no reason to need anything other than access to earth, live,
neutral, see what breakers are there or fit one, and check the
amperage is sufficient.

I have already told you. You need info from the cutout. The CU
info means **** all to your question

You're not telling me anything. In his CU the sparky would see the
amperage available to the house, the type of breakers in use, and
have access to live, neutral, and earth. He needs nothing more to
fit a shower.

ARW, if you know differently, please have the good manners to tell
us specifically where we are wrong, rather than resorting to abuse
and bland statements like "see the certificate" and "see the cutout"
which don't of themselves explain your reasoning if we've never seen
a certificate or cutout. If you can't be bothered to explain, tell
us and we'll ask someone who can.

And tell us the specific points that you are making rather than
quoting a URL to a long document which has the info embedded
somewhere with it.

As a matter of principle. I would never be so unhelpful and
ill-mannered as to say (effectively) "you're wrong but I can't be
bothered to explain where/why you are wrong - you need to consult
[documentation that you have never seen]".

What long URL are you talking about?

As a matter of principal I am never rude to the OP as he is always
polite to me (and he has some good sigs)

How more helpful could I be? I said that the cutout gives the
electrical installer the info needed to fill in an installation
certificate,

my cutout has no information on it at all. - apart from the fact that
it was "Made in England" by Henley. I know from experience that is a 3
phase unit.

And can you work out the earthing arrangements from looking at the cut
out?

I can - there's a yellow/green wire coming out of the neutral connection -
as well as a black wire.

And that info is needed should you need to fit a new circuit to the CU.

--
Adam