Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - adding without calculator

On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 11:12:55 AM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 08/29/2015 08:04 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

People are getting dumber, robots are getting smarter I think. Go to a
bank and see young tellers can't even add two simple numbers without
calcutor.

I like to hand the clerks paper money plus some
coins. Make their lives easier. I calculate the
change in my head, they use the cash register.

Most likely they would be lost without the screen.

Some twenty years ago in Taiwan we used to go to a supermarket that had
fancy electronic cash registers, on top of which were sitting abacuses
(abaci?). If anyone disputed the total, they checked it with the abacus.

Perce

I suppose most people don't know the the ancient Chinese invented the first pocket calculator. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Abacus Monster