Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT - adding without calculator

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 08:04:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/29/2015 1:14 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

People are getting dumber, robots are getting smarter I think. Go to a
bank and see young tellers can't even add two simple numbers without
calcutor.

I like to hand the clerks paper money plus some
coins. Make their lives easier. I calculate the
change in my head, they use the cash register.

Most likely they would be lost without the screen.

Occasionally, I'll goof on a store clerk that is counting money at
shift's end. I'll say something like, "25, 26, 32, 47" and so on.
They can't concentrate so they have to start over. A few see the
humor, but not all of 'em.

We had a guy at work, "Shaky Pete", counting inmates one day. He
messed the count up three time. When he got to one cell, during the
4:00 PM stand-up count, he saw a prosthetic leg leaning against a wall
locker. Three times he lost count.

Joe told him to count feet instead. If he got an odd number, add "1"
and then divide by two and that would tell him how many inmates were
on the tier. LMAO.