Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default OT - adding without calculator

On 8/29/2015 7:04 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/29/2015 1:14 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

People are getting dumber, robots are getting smarter I think. Go to a
bank and see young tellers can't even add two simple numbers without
calcutor.

I like to hand the clerks paper money plus some
coins. Make their lives easier. I calculate the
change in my head, they use the cash register.

Most likely they would be lost without the screen.

I remember learning how to count the change back to people - first the
change, and then the dollars. Don't think I ever had a cash register
tell me how much change to give back. All that happened after I stopped
working those sorts of jobs dealing with cash registers.

--
Maggie