Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default 415V sticker in household meter box

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 16:14:24 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

I don't think there are empty fuse carriers lying about, my father would
have said something.

Well in that case, changing to 3 phase will likely be expensive and not
necessarily based on actual cost from what I've heard others mention.

If the feed wire coming into his fusebox really is 415V, then a second
phase is just sat there. A second fuse holder and another meter won't
cost much will it?

But you need 3 phases. If the fuse holders are not there to terminate
the original cables. The two ways you have atm are neutral and one fused
live which provides 240v. The 415 sticker is a left over from before.

As I tried to suggest before, the Price for three phase connection is
NOT related to the Cost of doing the work.
Supply and demand at work here.