Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default 415V sticker in household meter box

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...

Is that right? My house (and the others in the street) originally had
a single phase overhead supply, it now has an underground one.

I'd assumed that this SWA was single phase,

It will not be SWA.

Well it looked fat enough to me to be SWA but it isn't magnetic, so fair
enough.

You still havn't answered the question, do you think I have three phases
coming into the master fuse block?

I doubt you have 3 phase or an SWA supply.

I was just asserting the fact that 3 phase supplies have a following for
those with green fingers.

The cable to your house will probably be concentric (just like SWA) but it
will use copper not steel for the armoring. It will be single phase.

We have some pictures on the wiki that should show your type of cable ( and
it does look like SWA)

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...Earthing_Types

The TNS has two cores in the outer sheath (the armour) and the TN-C-S has
just bare copper in the armour which acts as both the neutral and the earth.

--
Adam