Posted to alt.home.repair

Default technology changes

On 8/28/2015 11:16 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/28/2015 9:44 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
My every day utility watch is Solar powered with battery back up.
Charger works even under candle light. If and when power is getting
weak it goes into hibernation turning off all functions except time
keeping. Radio controlled any where in the world. I never saw this thing
stopped yet. Navy SEAL was issued Rolex submarine but now they wear
Casio G-shock I heard. May be today's kids will have hard time to read
time on analog watch.

Things have changed so much just since I got married let alone since I
was a child. The sky's the limit for what might be a possibility in the
future, I think.

Years ago, the original Star Trek had the communicators,
flip em open and talk at the device.

Now I carry a flip cell phone, and I can flip it open,
and talk at the device. Internal speaker is loud enough
that I can hear the other person. I keep wanting to say
"Scotty; two to engage"

With the improving technology, people become reliant,
and don't know what to do when things break down.
I worry that some day the people who run the country
will turn off internet, and we'll all stand around and
whine and cry.

-
..
Christopher A. Young