Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is this idea crazy?

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:02:52 -0700, wrote:

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 17:34:32 -0700 (PDT), Rex
wrote:
I see .22LR becoming more plentiful, but the price appears to be the same at ~$.10/round. Some of the manufacturers are playing games with box quantities to make it look like it's cheaper, but it still comes on to 10 cents a round "on sale".

.22 ammo has not gotten any cheaper or more available here on Whidbey
Island or on the mainland north of Seattle. I haven't checked any gun
shows though. I think there is one every weekend at the fairgrounds in
Monroe but to get there requires $16 bucks on ferry tickets and then
driving about 40 miles one way. I'll have to ask around and see if
anyone I know is going there soon. The online availability is poor. I
checked today and practically everybody is out of CB shorts or longs
and most are out of the long rifle rounds too.

Ammo mfgrs in the USA alone are making 4.2 billion rounds a year.
CCI makes 4 million rounds per day.

Where the hell are they all going, ferchrissake? Preppers couldn't buy
up that many every day for years on end, as it has been going,
especially at 3-5x the normal price. This is just nuts.

--
The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work until it's opened.
--Frank Zappa