Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Water Flow Detector

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 27 Aug 2015 21:03:59 -0700, "taxed and
spent" wrote:

"Pavel314" wrote in message
I was down in the basement watering the mushrooms this evening and noticed
that the water pressure (we're on a well) was a bit low. I asked my wife if
she'd left the sprinkler on the garden and she had, so she went out and
turned it off.

I wondered if there was some sort of device that would detect water flowing
from the outside faucet and light a warning light in the house if the water
were left on. Maybe something that fits onto the faucet with the hose
connecting to the detector gizmo. Flowing water would lower the pressure in
the line and flip a switch to turn on the light.

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Paul

I have often wondered if there was some site on the web where you could just
type in something like "water flow sensor" and have it give you a list of
relevant web sites.

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Don't expect miracles.