Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Water Flow Detector

On 8/28/2015 8:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/27/2015 10:18 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
I was down in the basement watering the mushrooms this evening and
noticed that the water pressure (we're on a well) was a bit low. I
asked my wife if she'd left the sprinkler on the garden and she had,
so she went out and turned it off.

I wondered if there was some sort of device that would detect water
flowing from the outside faucet and light a warning light in the house
if the water were left on. Maybe something that fits onto the faucet
with the hose connecting to the detector gizmo. Flowing water would
lower the pressure in the line and flip a switch to turn on the light.

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Paul

How about a timer?

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-...s/N-5yc1vZc63g