Posted to alt.home.repair
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Water Flow Detector

I was down in the basement watering the mushrooms this evening and noticed that the water pressure (we're on a well) was a bit low. I asked my wife if she'd left the sprinkler on the garden and she had, so she went out and turned it off.

I wondered if there was some sort of device that would detect water flowing from the outside faucet and light a warning light in the house if the water were left on. Maybe something that fits onto the faucet with the hose connecting to the detector gizmo. Flowing water would lower the pressure in the line and flip a switch to turn on the light.

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Paul