Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Bug

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 23:14:26 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Charles Hope
wrote:

In article , Tough Guy no. 1265
wrote:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 22:37:39 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , ARW
wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , ARW
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 22:30:25 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

They also don't lick you,

That's not always true.

My new cat is a licker. I am not joking - it licks my hands.

Could be after salt from your mitts. Could be also that it doesn't
distinguish between you and itself when licking. Does it come up
and
(say) lick your leg, or is this happening when it's (say) on your
lap
and your hand is next to where it's licking itself?

It is deliberate and it is only hands that it licks.

Righto.

As I say, they vary. The brother/sister we got now, she laps water
from
the bowl. He'll only drink from the tap, utility room. SWMBO's cat
when
we got married (since deceased), also a boy, also loved getting in
the
bath and drinking from the tap.

Mine prefer drinking form the stagnant pond than a bowl of tapwater. I
guess it's got more flavour.

and less chlorine

Tap water's been through the softener (does that remove chlorine? Not
sure). Any way, not much chlorine taste around here.

I can smell it if I run the kitchen tap full blast.

I can't but can smell other stuff so don't try claiming its my nose.

Water softeners remove minerals

Yes.

and metals,

Nope.