Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PCS PCS is offline

Default Lifting Stuff

On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 2:57:32 PM UTC-4, SteamboatEd Haas wrote:
--Update: used the jib crane this past weekend and it worked just fine. As someone pointed out it could probably withstand more than the tractor's wimpy hydraulics could deliver. When lifting the boiler out of my boat I was able to get it to juuuust shy of the deck, so on a whim I had my pal push up on the boom and that made the difference: muscle power alone let the hydraulics complete the lift and get the boiler clear of the deck! Photos of the whole operation he https://www.flickr.com/photos/steamb...57646738530236

Thanks for the photos of the steam engine, very much enjoyed that.
Is that a Stuart?

G'luck
PaulS