Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.home.repair,alt.comp.hardware
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Does my UPS work?

On 8/22/2015 3:50 AM, David W. Hodgins wrote:
On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:42:40 -0400, J. P. Gilliver (John)
wrote:

In message , David W. Hodgins
writes:
From the upsc command on my system ...
battery.type: PbAc

I presume that means lead-acid. (Most of this sort of thing use "SLA" -
sealed lead-acid - which have a gel inside rather than liquid, which
means the batteries can be used any way up.)

battery.voltage: 27.2
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0

(Sounds healthy!) I'd guess two 12-volt ones.

It's either a single battery, or two in one case, so it looks like one.

No, you'll find that it's two batteries, in series, which is APC's
style. The two batteries will be joined by a piece of double-sided
sticky tape and connected in series using a little jumper (sometimes
with an inline fuse in the larger units.

As others have mentioned, just buy the appropriate replacement cells. I
just "re-batteried" two such units and used some clear 1½" packaging
tape to bind them together.

Piece of cake!