Watson A.Name - Watt Sun

Default Cornfusiion - C1815GR PH transistor

In article ,
mentioned...
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:22:54 -0700, the renowned Watson A.Name - "Watt
Sun" wrote:

In article ,
mentioned...
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 02:20:01 -0700, the renowned Watrson A.Name
wrote:

The TO-92 transistor package is marked

C1815GR
PH 3 9
?
From my past experience I surmise that it's a 2SC1815 from Philips,
right? Also, I surmise that this is a Japanese transistor number.

long story snipped

Watch that the "GR" is the high-beta bin selection of this very
popular (in Asia, anyway) part.

Actually, according to the Philips data sheet the GR is the middle or
200 to 400 range of the 3 beta selections.

Yes, there's a higher one on the data sheets, but "Y" is the most
common one seen in practice, IME.

I checked Toshiba's data sheet and oddly, their gains are different
than Philips'; they have 4 ranges instead of 3:

Note: hFE classification:
O: 70~140, Y: 120~240, GR: 200~400, BL: 350~700

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@