Marsha

Default RCA Projection TV ?

LOL wish ours hadn't of croaked!
"Curmudgeon" wrote in message
Well, my son's now using a 46" RCA I bought in 1984....and it STILL looks
great...it just wouldn't die!!

"Marsha" wrote in message
When this first started happening, we would turn on the TV & it would

turn
on in the correct picture, then pop out to the curved picture, then pop

back
into the correct picture & pop in & out for a bit, then have a good
picture. We thought maybe it was a sensor problem. The curved picture

is
on the whole screen. The color & picture are good, just some scenes

have
curved look if the scene has a door frame in it or something else in the
background that is supposed to be straight. Where the time is you can

only
see the first number, the rest is cut off. Still don't won't to pay to

have
it repaired. We can buy a new TV for $300.00. It won't be a large

screen,
but with our recent experience with this RCA, we do not care to ever
purchase another big screen tv. Thanks to everyone for trying to help.
Marsha
"BobC" wrote in message
news
I should have addressed a possible pincushion problem. You did not
mention were the curves were. If the picture is hour-glass shaped
(sides are bowed in) but the colors seemed ok; then you are talking
about a pincushion problem. In which case the cost of repair is
probably less.

If one or more of the colors are apparently misaligned with each other
then the problem is in the convergence amps or their power supply. In
this case, the bowing could be either or both in the horizontal or
vertical. The key is that the colors would be obviously messed up.

Marsha wrote:

Our RCA Big Screen Projection TV messed up right when the warranty

ended!
The picture looks curved now, you can still watch it. At first the

good
screen would try to come in & the curved screen would try to come

in,
&
one
morning while watching we heard a lot of noise & now it is just the

curved
screen. Anyone know what went out & about how much to fix?
Thanks,
Marsha