Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is that whiteish stuff on bad batteries (ruins stuff)?

On 8/14/2015 6:09 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Today I decided to check on a FRS handi talkie,
the Energizers that expire in March 2016 had
leaked. Some hot water, and old tooth brush,
and the contacts cleaned up okay. I shook out
the excess water, and will try the HT tomorrow
when it's good and dry.

Well, it's good and dry. I tried a couple batteries.
Lit up for an instant, and went dead again. Test
the batteries, one was dead. Other had some crud
on the terminal. Search around and find some good
clean batteries with charge. The HT works okay. I
gave it some Caig Deoxit on the terminals, just to
be sure.

--
..
Christopher A. Young