BobC

Default RCA Projection TV ?

I suspect that at least one of the convergence amp is bad. This is a
fairly common failure; often from poor solder connections of bad
capacitors as the original cause.

This is probably a task for a good repair shop. The convergence
generally has to be realigned (adjusted) after one or more amps are
replaced. A general cost would be about $250 - $350. If it is done
correctly, there is quite a bit of labor involved. I generally spend
about a hour or so doing adjustments and checking things after the
problem(s) is corrected, Some shops are hasty and attempt to get it in
& out ???; in which case you can expect "colored borders" around objects
at various locations on the screen.

Marsha wrote:
Our RCA Big Screen Projection TV messed up right when the warranty ended!
The picture looks curved now, you can still watch it. At first the good
screen would try to come in & the curved screen would try to come in, & one
morning while watching we heard a lot of noise & now it is just the curved
screen. Anyone know what went out & about how much to fix?
Thanks,
Marsha