Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight tool did a nice job

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 8:43:47 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/8/2015 8:37 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 1:09:01 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd be concerned about needing to remove the screws later,
and them being in too tightly.

--

Here's what I use, it works for all kinds of things and once you have some, you'll never understand why you've never used any before. It's "Saw Wax". ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-G4413-.../dp/B0000DD2JY

[8~{} Uncle Lube Monster

One time when I got to put some tapcons in cement,
needed lube. The hardware had wax like this, bout
six bucks. Finally figured out to use lip balm from
Dollar Tree, two fer buck.

Probably doesn't work as well?
--
.

The lip balm makes your screws more kissable. ʘ€¿Ê˜

With all the talk of screwing going on in this group, I'm surprised my brother never told you of this lubricant before.....Um, that sentence might be taken the wrong way. Anyway, we both keep a stick of saw wax in our respective tool boxes. I dip the end of a drill bit or screw into the wax, it only takes a small dab of wax before drilling into most materials or running screws of any sort into any kind of material, except when I use thread-locker.. The wax also has anti-seize properties for screws and bolts. A bit of wax on a tap makes it easier to cut threads into any metal or other material and you're less likely to break the tap. Rub the stick against a saw blade on both sides before making a cut in wood, plastic or metal and the cutting action will be much smoother. It works well on jigsaw or reciprocating saw blades as well as hacksaw and circular saw blades. There is a special lube stick that's similar for dual saws but meant for use in those type saws. If you have a metal or wood door that's sticking, rub a bit of saw wax on the surface that's rubbing and it will alleviate the problem. It's also good for lubricating sticking drawers and drawer slides. It even works on zippers without damaging a plastic zipper or clothing. Once you obtain a tube of the the stuff, you'll wonder where it was all your life. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

[8~{} Uncle Wax Monster