Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight tool did a nice job

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 1:09:01 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/8/2015 1:16 PM, notbob wrote:
If yer talkin' battery powered, get an impact driver/drill.

I made the mistake of buying an 18V DeWalt battery drill thinking it
would be enough. Turns out I hadda pre-drill screw holes if I used
this drill to drive screws like 3-1/2" deck screws. I later learned
an impact drill/driver would drive a deck screw w/o pre-drilling. I
now have an old used 12V Hitachi impact/driver drill that does what my
DeWalt could never do ....plus!, it will also drill!

http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/articles/drills-vs-hammer-drills-vs-impact-drivers/

nb

I've got some old cow teat syringes (plastic, about 5CC)
which I load with vaseline or marine grease. Squirt a bit
into the pilot hole, and that makes life a lot smoother.

I'd be concerned about needing to remove the screws later,
and them being in too tightly.

--

Here's what I use, it works for all kinds of things and once you have some, you'll never understand why you've never used any before. It's "Saw Wax". ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-G4413-.../dp/B0000DD2JY

[8~{} Uncle Lube Monster