Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Harbor Freight tool did a nice job

On 2015-08-08, Muggles wrote:

I don't have my own drill yet, but maybe I'll get
one of those and a circular saw next.

If yer talkin' battery powered, get an impact driver/drill.

I made the mistake of buying an 18V DeWalt battery drill thinking it
would be enough. Turns out I hadda pre-drill screw holes if I used
this drill to drive screws like 3-1/2" deck screws. I later learned
an impact drill/driver would drive a deck screw w/o pre-drilling. I
now have an old used 12V Hitachi impact/driver drill that does what my
DeWalt could never do ....plus!, it will also drill!

http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/articles/drills-vs-hammer-drills-vs-impact-drivers/

nb