Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Grass / Weeds growing between patio blocks

On 8/7/2015 7:49 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/7/15 6:48 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/7/2015 3:46 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/7/15 4:19 PM, Muggles wrote:
These days I'm not sure who to believe when it comes to chemicals like
what's in RoundUp. I'd like to believe it's safe to use, but I just
don't know.

I play it safe by eating freedom fries in the morning and pinto beans in
the evening. Potato and bean farmers don't use Roundup.

http://positivemed.com/2013/09/17/15...-french-fries/

This page talks about the benefits of French fries, which they point out
are actually Belgian fries. I suspect that Belgian fries are identical
to my freedom fries because freedom from France is the whole point of
being Belgian.

#7 says without adequate potassium, you'll be tireder, weaker, and
slower in reflexes. Not good for working on a sloped roof.

I would have to read this right about dinner time. I quit eating french
fries because of the oil/fat content in them. After putting up that
shelf I'm good and hungry now, too. {{resist temptation}}

I'll have to measure how much oil I use. It's just enough to transfer
heat from the pan to the bottoms of the potato cubes. If it's a
tablespoon, and it all ends up on my plate, that's about 100 calories.
The government recommends that 30% of calories be fat, so that's a
fraction of what I need.

It's probably not more than 150 grams of potato. That would be about
600 mg of potassium and 140 calories. Hmmm.... 41% of calories from fat,
not far from government guidelines.

My butter consumption went down after I started eating freedom fries
every day. So I guess they help meet my fat needs. I use canola oil.
It's mostly monounsaturated, like olive oil, which Popeye loved as much
as spinach.

It has lots of omega-3, which is supposed to improve cognitive ability
for those of us who are a little slow. Maybe that explains how after
all these years, I finally figured out how to use a stud finder, and it
took only 15 minutes! I'm a regular wiz kid!

lol you're funny! I appreciate the humor.

I have southern blood running through my veins, and fried potatoes are
like home town cooking for me. The oil in them doesn't like me as much
as I like the oil in the fried potatoes ever since I had my gall bladder
out some years ago.

--
Maggie