Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.home.repair,alt.messianic
NEMO NEMO is offline

Default Headlights oscillating

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 07:19:54 -0700, "Colon Edmud Jackass Burchese of
Ladyboise, Idaho" wrote:

"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message

This just started.... or at least I just noticed it. With the headlights
on dim and engine warmed up and idling, the brightness cycles from normal to
slightly dim. Cycle time is around a second. When I rev the engine
slightly, they return to normal steady brightness.

When running with or without lights, the ammeter is just right of center,
slightly charging, in the normal position.

I don't suspect a connection -- within the last 2 months, I removed and
cleaned all the battery connections, including regulator and other parts
when I was fixing a grounding issue.

Battery cranks start just fine. No other indications of failing battery.

Thanks folks,

Snuffy

Yer alternator's greeked.

I had the same problem with my eyes; they kept going round and round, like
the wheels on the bus.

Just say NO to drugz, Coloon! LOLOK