Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Headlights oscillating

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 5:16:17 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 06 Aug 2015 16:26:00 +1000, John G
wrote:

I'm not sure but to my long memory Alternators have had solidstate
regulators and no relays since they were invented. :-Z

You're definitely wrong about that. Atlternators made their first
showing in large numbers maybe in 1965 or about then and all of them had
relay-based regulators, with two of them, for several years. Then some
had relay-less regulators within the alternators, but they made cars
with both styles for a while.

I guess I was forgetting sold-state regulators and assuming no matter
what year his car is, he had relays. My mistake. (I don't know if
they ever made external soldi-state regulators.)

Chrysler Corp. vehicles had a transistorized voltage regulator on the firewall. They were pretty reliable. Here's a link to eBay that shows both mechanical and solid state regulators for older Mopar vehicles. My 89 Dodge pickup had the voltage regulator built into the engine control computer. ^_^

http://preview.tinyurl.com/nevufo8

[8~{} Uncle Mopar Monster