Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Grass / Weeds growing between patio blocks

On 8/6/15 7:31 AM, CRNG wrote:
On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 05:34:53 -0500, wrote
in

Is there some chemical made to stop this?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Roundup-1...0210/203687082

Works great.

More than once, a neighbor bought that stuff for me to apply along her
fences and driveway cracks. I was always glad when I ran out because I
found it a hassle.

Enough store-brand glyphosate to make 20 gallons costs less than the
above item. I mix it in a 1-gallon Chapin 20000. The sprayers HD sells
may be similar; some may even be the same thing under different labels.

To measure, I use a sort of plastic test tube with a scoop on the end,
sold in a healthcare aisle for measuring medicine. It's marked in ml. I
just have to remember, 15ml = 1 tablespoon, 30ml = 1 ounce.

I'll often mix just a quart. The sprayer will spray down to the last
ounce. The wand extends 15" beyond my hand, which makes it easier to
apply precisely if I'm walking along treating hundreds of feet. The
pattern is infinitely adjustable from a broad mist to a stream. For
real precision, it can spray at a low pressure, where the herbicide
trickles out.

I won't mix a batch for weeds in cracks, but it's easy to get them on
the way by when I mix a quart for other problems.

It takes several days to see results from glyphosate. HD has some
Spectracide concentrate that works in hours.