glasnostJDC

Default Hitachi VT-2700A

I have removed some brown glue of an IC (didn't help), I'll check the caps
next, thanks for the information.

"LASERandDVDfan" wrote in message
Well here's the problem, when it trys to play it
will engage and everything goes into place fine (checked and all looks

good)
and the idler will go to the supply rell, but it moves very slow and

jerky
and then after 2 seconds shuts it's self off.

Check the movement of the capstan motor. If it's erratic, you might want

check the electrolytics on the capstan motor assembly. You'll also want

replace the mode switch if you cannot dismantle it and clean it completely

of
any corrosion. Hitachi mode switches are real nasty about causing big
functional problems when they are worn out or severely corroded, like

having a
Hitachi VCR act partially braindead because of a non-functioning mode

switch!
- Reinhart