LASERandDVDfan

Default Hitachi VT-2700A

Well here's the problem, when it trys to play it
will engage and everything goes into place fine (checked and all looks good)
and the idler will go to the supply rell, but it moves very slow and jerky
and then after 2 seconds shuts it's self off.

Check the movement of the capstan motor. If it's erratic, you might want to
check the electrolytics on the capstan motor assembly. You'll also want to
replace the mode switch if you cannot dismantle it and clean it completely of
any corrosion. Hitachi mode switches are real nasty about causing big
functional problems when they are worn out or severely corroded, like having a
Hitachi VCR act partially braindead because of a non-functioning mode switch!
- Reinhart

glasnostJDC

Here's some more information to add to my original post, I found some
suspect readings off of the power supply here's the schematic with the spec
rating and the rating I got (in red) ITS HUGE so it will take about 1 to 5
minnutes to load off of dial up. Here's the link:
http://web.cnyconnect.net/donato/PSU.JPG
I've gone threw some suspect parts already, checked the cap (with a DMM
capacitance test don't have a ESR meter) and resistor on the AC40 volt that
reads 30. Thanks in advance to any help,

-glasnostJDC

"glasnostJDC" wrote in message
Hello, I picked up this unit. Anyway I ordered a new clutch, idler, pitch
roller, and belt and replaced those before going furthure on the unit (all
visibly worn and aged). Well here's the problem, when it trys to play it
will engage and everything goes into place fine (checked and all looks

good)
and the idler will go to the supply rell, but it moves very slow and jerky
and then after 2 seconds shuts it's self off. Fast Forward and reverse

work
fine, it just won't play. I've just got into VCRs and havn't experianced
this problem yet and can't seem to find anything that resembles my

problem.
My only idea is the Mode Switch, I've tryed cleaning it but that didn't do
any good. I do have a service manual for the unit and checked alignment by
the book for the mode switch and master cam and it checks fine, and the

mode
switch does go to the right positon. Any ideas? I'm going to tackle the
large amount of "bad" joints next (what fun;-) but I'm just looking for
suggestions so that I make sure to check all possible routes. Thanks for

any
help anyone has to offer.

VCR:
Hitachi