Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_8_] ChairMan[_8_] is offline

Default Grass / Weeds growing between patio blocks

bob haller wrote:
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 6:37:34 AM UTC-4,
wrote:
Last summer I put in a small patio, using 16" pre-cast
blocks. I put
sand under the blocks, and it's remained pretty level.
But due to
it's location, I have had muddy water run across it after
heavy
rain. I'm presently working on installing some drainage
pipes for
rain water.

But the reason for posting this is because there is grass
and weeds
growing between the blocks, and before I got down on my
knees and
starting pulling them, it was starting to look like a
lawn, not a
patio. I'm guessing the mud added some soil to the
cracks, which
stimulated growth of vegetation.

Is there some chemical made to stop this?

I did try pouring some gasoline in the cracks, because I
had some gas
that got water in it, but that was just a quart or so. I
have not
noticed any new growth in those cracks (with the gas),
but thats
probably not the safest method, and I doubt it will last
long.

Any tips????

Thanks

i use gasoline to kill grass and weeds growing in cracks
in my front
sidewalk. mostly because when it snows in the winter the
weeds make
shoeviling difficult.

it lasts a long time. i have done this for my entire life

you can use round up. its perhaps better for the
environmet, and
will certinally also kill the vegation

spoken like a true liberal