Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] masuardi@gmail.com is offline

Default How to remove glue from glass table

To DEB, who wrote:

"I have the same type table and same problem, but the glass broke and I
want to remove the metal pieces to re-make the coffee table or if someone
knows where to re_purchase the round metal pieces that the legs screw
into...i may have to do that, if I can"t remove adhesive..please someone
help!!"

If the glass top is already broken, you can use a torch and heat the pieces that are glued to the metallic parts you want to recover. The best way to do it without special tools is to reduce the size of the glass portions around the metal parts (use an old cloth to cover the glass and a hammer to hit and shatter the glass - USE PROTECTION) and then place the metallic parts with whatever is left of the glass glued to them in the oven and heat them up to 150 C or 300 F and they should come apart (you may need to reach higher temperatures, depending on the adhesive that was used to glue the metal to the glass).

Good luck!