Mark D. Zacharias

Default Toshiba SD-1700U DVD with distorted audio

Ooh! My ears burned.

Actually, I'm not the one with experience on these, but I've seen lots of
posts on these Toshiba's and I've tried to re-post info I've found.

I'll be right back with the info.

Mark Z.

"Bill Bolle" wrote in message
Patrick Tinney wrote:

I recently acquired two Toshiba DVD units; model SD-1700U that are
experiencing very distorted audio. I have followed several postings
regarding some of these players with bad or no audio, but I am still
uncertain what needs to be replaced, component-wise. Is the problem on
the PC-Main card or the Pwr-Sub assy board? Any would be very
appreciated.

Pat

The biggest problem with this model is the caps on the "main" board.
If you have a capacitor checker check all the caps on that board but
if the only thing you have is an ohmmeter than use that. The
schematic is very hard to come by as it's only available on a $50 CD
from Toshiba. Also, you might try to "ping" Mark Zacharias, he is
familiar with the problem.

Bill