Charles Schuler

Default Logically understanding Electronics

"Dylan" wrote in message
om...
Hi, all.

I've tried on numerous occasions to understand electronics from the
perspective of a computer programmer. It seems I should be able to
effectively 'program' the desired functionality by just using the
variety of available components in the same way that I program a
computer using the constructs in a programming langauge.

Am I seriously out to lunch here? Am I thinking about this all wrong?

Can anyone reccommend a worthwhile book to aid in my beginner's
understanding?

There is considerable overlap between computer science and electrical
engineering. If fact, most universities offer a hybrid degree called
computer engineering.

You might want to start with a digital electronics book ... there are so
many of them (The one by Roger Tokheim is especially easy to read).

You should love simulating circuits with software! Another nice way to
learn.

Last edited by kevin : January 11th 05 at 07:27 PM