Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.home.repair

Default Headlights oscillating

On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 18:38:18 -0500, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney
wrote:

This just started.... or at least I just noticed it. With the
headlights on dim and engine warmed up and idling, the brightness cycles
from normal to slightly dim. Cycle time is around a second. When I rev
the engine slightly, they return to normal steady brightness.

When running with or without lights, the ammeter is just right of
center, slightly charging, in the normal position.

I don't suspect a connection -- within the last 2 months, I removed and
cleaned all the battery connections, including regulator and other parts
when I was fixing a grounding issue.

Battery cranks start just fine. No other indications of failing battery.

Thanks folks,

Snuffy

It wouldn't be something silly like a loose belt by chance? I've
heard of
belts getting shiny and slick also. Does the heater fan do anything
unusual?