Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Appliance industry warns.... dd acid to water

On 8/4/2015 4:43 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 11:15:58 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 8/4/2015 10:49 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 10:17:36 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 8/3/2015 11:08 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 7/26/15 11:06 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/26/2015 7:51 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

One of the limits of the typed word. Some times
it seems as clear as can be (to me) but doesn't
seem as clear to others. Thanks for asking, and
giving me the chance to give some more detail.

A service I don't offer to everone, seeing as
how Ashton tells me I'm a bigot.

Now-a-days if you aren't politically correct that means you've passed go
and automatically proceed to jail where they print "bigot" on your
orange uniform.

That would certainly be bigotry! All these years, I didn't know the
meaning of the word.

It goes back to 1450, when people learned that a German blacksmith had
invented the internet. It was text only, but they knew it was going to
be very big someday. There was no IPO, so they sued.

By 1600, it was very popular. Through the medium, liberal religious
ideas had gained enough attention to be very controversial. The French
coined the term "bigot" for a person with an obstinate belief in the
superiority of his own opinions and an intolerance of the opinions of
others.

Confidentially, I think WD-40 is the greatest product on the market
today. It does everything better than anything else. I wouldn't dare
say so here because you-know-who is a bigot.

What do you think of silicon spray? Is it politically correct to use
that, or is WD-40 more pc?

--
Maggie

Silicon spray is used to remove paint and rust. Silicon is sand and the sprayer for it is called a sandblaster. "Silicone spray" on the other hand is used a a mold release or lubricant. WD-40 was developed to displace moisture and protect parts of a military missile system thus the term WD means "Water Displacer" and 40 was the number of tries it took to arrive at the final formulation. \ (€¢—¡€¢) /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD-40

[8~{} Uncle Rocket Monster

I never know which one to use when I want to oil my household
oscillating fan motors. WD-40?

--
Maggie

I'd use 3-in-One Oil. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

[8~{} Uncle Oil Monster

oh, I got some of that, too. Thanks for the info.

--
Maggie