Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default 50 microns enough? gold plated contacts.

On 8/4/15 6:55 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 2 Aug 2015 20:19:09 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

I guess I left dialup about 10 years ago and DSL about 4 years ago, so
I'm a little foggy. The browser interface was with my DSL modem. What
model modem do you have?

I don't remember. ;-(

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/r...68_2_1_def.htm

This page says 192.168.2.1 is a common address for your modem console.
It may have been the address my DSL modem used. My current modem uses
another number.

What version of Windows?

XP. I'll upgrade eventually. But on a good day the XP works
exceeedingly well.

http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/windowsnetworkin1/ht/findaddrwinxp.htm

This may explain how to find your modem's private IP from XP. On a Mac,
my modem's private IP is listed as "router."

On another topic, drip loops, since the opening to the NID is at the
bottom, the new setup has a drip loop automatically.

Drip loops remind me of ditching a tent. In wet winter weather, my BIL's
goats used to live in mud in their hillside sheds. It couldn't have been
healthful. I solved it in minutes by scraping a ditch on the uphill side
of each shed, as I would with a tent. No more mud inside!