Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default 50 microns enough? gold plated contacts.

On 8/1/15 4:39 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 31 Jul 2015 16:22:07 -0400, J Burns

other. I could use a browser to get a GIU interface with my DSL modem.

And you can get DSL with a dial-up internet connection

I had a browser interface with DSL. After all these years, I'm not sure
what information I could get from a dialup modem.

It kept a record of what it measured when I dialed up.

Or is this a record of when you dial a phone call?

No.

It also kept a record of what it measured when you dialed up. How do
you see the record? Is it on the "web page" or the "page" that displays
when you use your web-browser to go to 192.168.100.1 ?

It's in the form of a website with several pages. It's not the worldwide
web. Instead of coming through my ISP, it comes directly from my modem.

AT&T sent me a CD to automate the installation of my modem. Without the
CD, I could have set it up through the browser interface.

I've wondered about whether one can get DSL when he has dial-up
internet. Is that what you have? When I got DSL, it was always on
and didn't need me to make a connection, and at first I just assumed it
was always like that.

I guess I left dialup about 10 years ago and DSL about 4 years ago, so
I'm a little foggy. The browser interface was with my DSL modem. What
model modem do you have? What version of Windows?