Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default 50 microns enough? gold plated contacts.

On 7/31/15 6:00 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"J Burns" wrote in message

For my current modem, I type the IP 192.168.100.1. Sometimes the modem
manual tells you the IP. In this case, I looked it up in Network in
System Preferences. The procedure to find the IP is probably a little
different in Windows.

I doubt the modem manual would tell the IP address as it is assigned by the
internet system. You may be thinking of the MAC number.

http://www.conniq.com/FAQ/lan-wan-ip-address.htm

The ISP assigns a WAN IP. To ask the modem, "How's it going?" the
computer uses the LAN IP.

If I ping my WAN IP, the signal will go to my ISP and back. If I just
want to ping my modem, I use the LAN IP.