Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Walter Palmer

On 7/30/2015 3:28 PM, dadiOH wrote:
Muggles wrote:

I don't understand the outrage about him hunting a lion? The story I
saw said he paid guides to set up the opportunity to hunt the animal.
Shouldn't the guides be the ones in trouble? Maybe I haven't seen the
whole story.

Ask yourself, why would anyone even WANT to shoot a lion? And with an arrow
yet, said arrow requiring the lion to suffer for 40 hours until the mighty
hunter and his money grubbing guides managed to find and finally kill it.

IMO, the answer to my rhetorical question is either that he gets his jollies
killing things and/orhe is trying to show the world he actually has cojones.

Just remember the $50,000 he reputedly paid for his "adventure" the next
time you lay out $100 or so for 45 minutes of a dental assistant's time. Or
the $3000 - $6000 for 25-30 or so half hour visits by your kid to have
straight teeth.

I'm not a hunter, and never have been, but I realize there are people
who like to hunt. Some hunt for food, and some hunt for sport, and some
hunt for a combination of the two. Big game hunting isn't a new thing.
It's not what I'd enjoy doing by a long shot, and I don't really
understand wanting to hunt big game, but that doesn't mean it's wrong
because I wouldn't do it.

Don't take what I've said the wrong way because I love animals myself,
and I'm all for saving the animals, but it's just one lion. I agree
with what Monster said that there's worse things to worry about than one
man going on a big game hunt and killing one lion.

--
Maggie