Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Walter Palmer

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

stuff snipped

They should call it a shoot, not a hunt. From what I've read this took
about the same hunting ability as shooting puppies at the pet store.

Put the puppy down on the floor. BANG

Cecil was a tagged lion with a six cub pride that was living in a hunt-free
sanctuary. The guides (and perhaps the dentist) apparently lured the lion
from the sanctuary with bait to make the kill nice and "legal." The dentist
has already pled guilty to moving a bear carcass to a "legal" zone in a
previous case so he may end up being implicated in the end. What that means
in the long run experts in international law will have to say. I don't see
anyone getting extradited over a queer but licensed lion kill. But if I
were the dentist, I wouldn't go back. Wouldn't be prudent.

Hunts in Africa are sanctioned under certain circumstances and usually
involve substantial fees. Those fees help pay for conservation efforts, a
trade-off some find offensive but those same people haven't ponied up much
money to replace the revenue stream. Or so some people say. Hard to say
where the truth lies.

--
Bobby G.