Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Dirty hot water

Ken wrote in :

KenK wrote:
Odd thing happened yesterday. Preceding it, I noticed the kitchen
sink faucet was leaking a little so did what I've successfully done
in the past - turning each faucet on and off firmly about 50 times,
which has stopped leaks in the past. I have no idea how. I mention
this in case it might pertain to the next paragraph.

Any way, running the kitchen sink hot water shortly thereafter, the
water started running dirty. Looked like rust. I checked the
bathroom, which is next to the water heater, and the hot water was
clear, so it wasn't the water heater. I let it run for several
minutes and it cleared up, and has remained clear since.

Curious. Any guesses?

TIA

I have seen that happen when the fire department flushes the fire
hydrants. Could it be they did that recently in your neighborhood??

Out in the country. No hydrants, Using well water,