Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Dirty hot water

Oren wrote in
:

On 30 Jul 2015 17:23:51 GMT, KenK wrote:

Any way, running the kitchen sink hot water shortly thereafter, the
water started running dirty. Looked like rust. I checked the bathroom,
which is next to the water heater, and the hot water was clear, so it
wasn't the water heater. I let it run for several minutes and it
cleared up, and has remained clear since.

Curious. Any guesses?

How old is the WH

A mobile home. Too lazy to look it up but probably 40 or more.

and type of pipes in the kitchen.

Again too lazy to go look - probably copper - if not, PVC.

I did have a WH
rust up when this house sat vacant for six months and little water was
used. Had never seen such before but replacing the WH fixed it. My
house is all PEX pipe with a manifold.

Hot water gets used at least twice a day in kitchen to do dishes.