Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Dirty hot water

On 30 Jul 2015 17:23:51 GMT, KenK wrote:

Any way, running the kitchen sink hot water shortly thereafter, the water
started running dirty. Looked like rust. I checked the bathroom, which is
next to the water heater, and the hot water was clear, so it wasn't the
water heater. I let it run for several minutes and it cleared up, and has
remained clear since.

Curious. Any guesses?

How old is the WH and type of pipes in the kitchen. I did have a WH
rust up when this house sat vacant for six months and little water was
used. Had never seen such before but replacing the WH fixed it. My
house is all PEX pipe with a manifold.