Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default 'Look at me son!'

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:08:25 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

A few years ago, I met a neighbor's nephew. I found him likable,
decent, and intellectually cognizant.

He said he'd just finished 6 years, I think, in the Atlanta pen for a
bank robbery when he was a college student in California. It sounded
like a prank, but his partner tried it again, got caught, and squealed.

He said prison was the best thing that ever happened to him. He liked
the regimentation. He took college courses, and he did well. I guess
they sent him to Atlanta to be near his family.

Almost every school I ever attended was like a bad prison. I guess the
educational experience of a decent prison is reserved for convicts.

I've heard many prisoners say prison the best thing that every
happened to them. Mostly from white-collar CEO's.

The inmates that take advantage of prison programs are much easier to
manage. They have adjusted to incarceration, for the most part.